Thursday, October 20, 2016

Catfantastic (Yes, this is a real thing)

If you're just getting into fantasy, or if you want to step away from whatever niche in it your used to, an anthology is a great way to go. There were winters when I'd run out of books from my favorite authors and for a while I wasn't sure what to do to find new ones (of course, you can always read the reviews here- I only pick great books :).

Whether you just want a change or are shopping around for more, picking up an anthology is an awesome way to experience both. I first started grabbing them they were the only place to get extra material from some authors that I'd shopped out, then I realized I was running into other short stories in worlds I wanted to explore.

Catfantastic V features everyone from Mercedes Lackey to Andre Norton with more than ten other authors to check out as well. The stories are light and amusing, frightening, dark, classical. They're a wide range of short stories featuring one central theme- cats. Sometimes the cat is the main character, sometimes they're just pivotal to the story.

No matter how they're played, the anthology is a fun romp with new authors and stories that are fun and easy to read, at about 15 pages each. Try it out, anthologies are something different.



Curious, buy it Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment