The Blog for What to Play Next

Monday, March 21, 2016

More on All of Everything about Philosophy in Thirty Minutes or Less

So assuming you have just watched Section One of All of Everything about Philosophy in Thirty Minutes or Less You are probably left with a few questions which I will strive to answer below.

Why did I call this the collected knowledge of white guys?
As is implied I will cover other cultures in the last section but studies that do not attempt to shove other cultures into the paradigm of Greek Philisophy are few and far between and so my personal understanding and perhaps an overall understanding of these philosophies is smaller and certainly spottier and I would very much like to start a conversation on that, but that's for a later date.

Where on Earth do I get the idea that it is E=MC3?
Science has advanced considerably and I'm not much for the worshiping of false idols before him so here are the links that will give you the understanding behind that argument.
https://www.khanacademy.org/math/pre-algebra/exponents-radicals
http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-th/9206081
https://www.physics.uoguelph.ca/tutorials/dimanaly/
https://web.math.princeton.edu/~aizenman/OpenProblems.iamp/9902.ExpsDims.html

What are the two quotes in the corner of my white board that I do not read?
The first is by Einstein:
          "The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."

And the second, to provide a comforting temporal parallax on society is from Socrates:
           "The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as if they alone knew everything and what passes for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for girls, they are forward, immodest and unwomanly in speech, behavior and dress."

Why does the film move so quickly?
The theory that I had was with a paradigm of dimensional motion instead of a more rigid chronological timeframe, I could explain philosophy (Including that of other cultures) in thirty minutes or less. That remains to be seen and I will sacrifice exact goals for comprehension. Below you can find the PowerPoint itself, feel free to look through it but please direct people to the YouTube presentation as that is my personal platform.

Where do I send questions?
I would stick to the comments section here or over on YouTube.

Where did you get your ideas?
Plus or minus some date checking that was pretty much straight Agora- which is to say after charting it out I just wound myself up and went, which is why I have a surprising dearth of references. When it comes to any specific point that you question or would like to expand on I can definitely provide a philosophical work to research.

How do I get more?
Like the video on YouTube and share it, as well as the one on plagiarism (very important if you are in college and/or pursuing a career) so I can spend some more time expanding on the subject and answering questions.










Stoked? Watch It Here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment